NRSWA Street Works for Supervisors and Operatives
Duration: Maximum 3 Days
Please note- course running 20-22nd Feb, 1 operative space and 1 supervisor space remaining
Who Should Attend Street Works Training?
The Street works courses are intended for operatives or supervisors involved in utility works and working on public roads and footpaths throughout the UK.
Street Works Training Aim
Street works Qualifications are a statutory requirement and this course provides operatives and supervisors the necessary qualifications to enable them to work on public roads and footpaths.
By the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the requirement of the specification for reinstatement of openings in roads
- Understand the requirements of the HSE Guidance Document G47 in relation to location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Understand the requirements of the safety at Street works and Road Works Code of Practice in relation to traffic management requirements on Road Works
- Have achieved unit Accreditations for various units of competence within the Street works scheme
Classroom based training for each unit followed by assessment. Operative candidates are assessed carrying out practical tasks for each unit. Supervisor candidate assessments comprise of knowledge questions for each unit followed by observation of operatives carrying out various tasks.
- New Roads and Street works Act 1991
- Streetworks (Northern Ireland) Order 1995
- Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways
- Safety at Streetworks and Road Works, A Code of Practice
All Candidates attending the course must bring suitable PPE including Safety Boots, Hi Vis clothing, Gloves, Safety Helmets.
It may be possible to deliver some of the training and assessments at clients premises depending on which units are required and what facilities are available.