Safe Excavation of Utility Apparatus
Duration: 1 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for those delegates that are involved in any type of excavation work on Roads, Construction Sites, Parks, and Industrial Estates etc.
To train delegates on the correct use of common location equipment for locating underground services. To train delegates on safe digging practices around live services.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Understand what regulations and Codes of Practice apply.
- Correctly use common location equipment.
- Correctly identify samples of common services.
- Understand the benefit of Permit Systems.
- Identification of services from drawings.
- Safe digging practices around services using mechanical excavator.
Classroom based training with practical demonstration.
Practical exercises using excavator/banksman to excavate around live services
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- HSE G47 Guidance Document
- Company specific method statements
Candidates should bring suitable Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Hi-Vis Coat or Vest.
The practical parts of the course emphasises the duties and role of the banksman.
Due to the specialist nature of this course it must be held at the ITS training centre.