Risk Assessment & Method Statement
For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
Duration: 1/2 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend?
This training will benefit managers and others who are responsible for conducting or reviewing risk assessments and implementing identified control measures for all activities in their workplace.
The Risk Assessment course is designed to give delegates a comprehensive understanding of the principles of risk assessment in accordance with legislative requirements and working practice. They will also know how to write a method statement.
- By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Principles of risk assessment
- Legislation governing risk assessments
- Employers’ legal obligations
- Identification of hazards and risk
- Evaluating risk
- Recording and reviewing assessments
- Practical risk assessments
- Complete & Review Method Statement
- Hierarchy of control
- Selection of control measures
A classroom based tutorial course, supplemented activity workshops in practical risk assessment and method statement writing.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- HSE Guidance on Risk Assessment/ Method Statements
Risk Assessments are an important part of any health and safety policy as they help you to identify an activity, highlight the relevant hazards and significant risks and then put control measures in place to prevent an accident from occurring.