Safe use of Hand Held Cut Off Saw
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for operatives who will use a concrete saw.
Provide the candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding in relation to identification of hazards associated with Concrete Saws and the required control measures to develop a safe system of work.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Be able to identify specific hazards.
- Ensure an adequate risk assessment has been carried out to comply with current legislation.
- Be aware of employer and employee duties relating to application of safety controls.
- Be able to identify defective equipment or systems.
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding to implement their duties relating to inspection and safe use of Concrete Saws.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations.
All candidates attending the course must bring suitable personal protective clothing such as safety helmets, protective boots, gloves, Hi-Vis jacket or vest and compatible RPE/PPE