Fire Safety Awareness
Duration: 1/2 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend Fire Safety Awareness Training?
This programme is designed for all individuals in the workplace and especially duty holders responsible for safety controls.
Aim of Fire Safety Awareness Training
Provide the candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the principles; nature; prevention of fire and the necessary precautions in relation to fire fighting and evacuation procedures.
Objective of Fire Safety Awareness Training
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Be able to identify specific fire hazards.
- Be able to ensure safe selection and use of fire extinguishers.
- Be aware of employer and employee duties relating to application of fire safety controls.
- Be able to identify defective equipment or systems.
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding to implement their duties relating to fire precautions and following adequate procedures.
Fire Safety Awareness Training Methods
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order & DSEAR
- The Fire Safety (NI) Regulations
To help candidates in learning, it would be ideal if they possess one or more of the following:
- Understanding basic written words.
- Good eyesight and hand co-ordination.
- Medically able to lift objects from ground level.
For training held on site please ensure you make available a classroom suitable for the number of candidates attending, with a 240v power supply. Please ensure the practical area is free from harm, suitable for training and that it has been risk assessed.
We often run this course at our premises and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.