CABWI Accredited Location of Underground Services (LA) Cat & Genny
Cable Avoidance (CAT & Genny)
Duration: 1/2 Day
Aims & Objectives of NRSWA Unit LA
This course will teach candidates how to use cable avoidance equipment (CAT & Genny) on roads and pathways to avoid underground apparatus.
In order to successfully complete the NRSWA Unit LA, candidates must be able to:
- Interpret utility plans and point out the ground where the services are and interpret the symbols on utility plans.
- Acknowledge a range of services commonly found when carrying out excavations.
- Identify the risks of damage to services and the implications of such damage to gas, water, and electricity.
- Use cable location equipment to find and trace underground services.
- Describe services that cannot be found with conventional cable location equipment.
- Conduct activities safely.
- Provide sufficient evidence of knowledge through oral/written questions.