EUSR Category 1 – Locate Utility Services (HSG47):
Duration: 1 Day (Max 8 )
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those delegates that are involved in any type of excavation work on Roads, Construction Sites, Parks, and Industrial Estates etc
To train delegates on the correct use of common location equipment for locating underground services. It also covers the identification of common services and methods used to locate services that cannot be located with the equipment.
Achievement of the standard demonstrates effective performance, by being able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Interpret utility plan drawings and identify symbols and coded information.
- Prepare and use location equipment to locate a range of underground services.
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with underground services.
- Recognise why some services are more difficult to locate.
- Carry out site marking using appropriate methods.
Classroom based training with practical demonstration.
Candidates will also put into practice what they have learned by carrying out a survey with the location equipment and producing a sketch.
Candidates will carry out advanced searching using various Genny attachments, on a section of foot way with live services
- Health & Safety Legislation
- HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- HSG150 Health and Safety in Construction
- Equipment operators manual
Candidates should bring suitable Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Hi-Vis Coat or Vest and Hearing Protection.
This course is best delivered at our training centre, where we have constructed bespoke facilities which include a section of carriageway and foot way with live services