CITB Temporary works supervisor (REMOTE)
Upcoming Dates – FOR CLASSROOM DATES CLICK HERE
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course
This training course is designed to provide training for those undertaking the role of Temporary Works Supervisor, as defined in BS5975:2008 and A1:2011. Delegates will include:
- Site engineers, managers of foremen (employed by the principal contractor or other works contractors) responsible for TW
- Other supervisors (employed by works contractors) likely to be assisting a TWC
- Anyone appointed by a TWS
- Site safety advisors
Aim of Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course
The course will provide you with thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
The course is supported by the Temporary Work Forum, CECA, UKCG, HSE and FMB.
Objective of Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course
By the end of the course candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Risk management of temporary works
- The importance of communications, co-operation, co-ordination and competency in managing temporary works as a TWS
- Legal duties
- The roles and responsibilities of the TWS
- The role of other temporary work process
- An understanding of the TWS relevant aspects if BS 5975:2008+A1:2011
- The course also gives emphasis, throughout, the importance of:
– The ‘4Cs’ (communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency)
– Risk management: safety and also business related
Candidates must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works and a good understanding of spoken and written English.