COSHH & noise
Duration: 1/2 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for candidates who handle chemicals and are exposed to workplace noise as part of their daily work and helps all levels of employees meet the requirements of the “Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations” and the “Control of Noise at Work Regulations”.
The aim of this course is to train delegates in awareness of the risks associated with hazardous substances and noise and how the risks can be managed which will enable them to contend effectively with those risks in the workplace.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Current relevant legislation.
- Hazards arising from use of hazardous substances and adequate control measures.
- Hazards associated with workplace noise and necessary measures to mitigate risk.
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding to implement their duties relating to safety controls and use personal protective equipment.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
- Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations & REACH regulations
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations.
Asbestos poses a serious threat to health, this course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding and appreciation of the legislative and practical requirements to protect themselves from the risk associated with asbestos containing materials.
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by those who are likely to disturb asbestos. Also those professional personnel who supervise or manage projects.