Brushcutters / Trimmers
Brushcutters and trimmers are popular tools across the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance industries. They save time and work efficiently in tricky terrains and situations. But they also have the potential to be one of the most dangerous machines in common use.
This is an integrated training and assessment course.
You’ll learn to use the trimmer safely and with confidence.
Understanding all the relevant regulation and safety requirements is key. You’ll be taught the need for the correct protective clothing and how best to maintain a safe working environment.
A certificate of competence will be awarded once you complete the course.
- Prepare for Trimmer and Brushcutter operations
- Maintaining the Trimmer/Brushcutter
- Engine maintenance
- Operating the Trimmer/Brushcutter
Some of you might need longer than the stated guide times to fully understand the information and training provided.
Who should attend?
Our two-day novice training course is for anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance industry that currently operates, or will be required to operate a brushcutter/trimmer.
This course is physical so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
If you are inexperienced then you may require longer than the stated guide times to fully understand the information and training provided
What will be covered ?
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Produce a site-specific Risk Assessment for trimmer and brushcutter operations
- Identify the necessary personal protective equipment required
- Identify the health and safety features required on a trimmer and brushcutter
- Detect defects on the equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Carry out correctly all routine maintenance in accordance with the machine manufacturer’s instruction book
- Prepare the equipment for use with the correct fuel/oil mix
- Start the trimmer/brushcutter from both hot and cold start in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-cutting checks
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- Maintain the trimmer/brushcutter and cutting heads in a safe and efficient working condition
- Adjust the equipment for safe and comfortable operation
- Select the correct cutting head for the relevant operating conditions
- Operate the equipment having regard for the safety of the public, property and environmental factors
- Organise the site and use a systematic method of working where possible.
If you would like any more information on either of these options, or to discuss your requirements please contact 02838 398700 or email [email protected]