Scaffold Inspection – Meath | Cork | Galway
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend Scaffold Inspection Training
This course is ideal for those delegates who have a responsibility for ensuring that all types of scaffold are erected, used & inspected in a safe manner.
Scaffold Inspection Training Aim
Set out the employer’s statutory obligation to have safe scaffolds for personnel to work from, competent persons to inspect and complete reports on working platforms. It will also allow delegates practice at inspecting types of scaffold, fault finding and completing inspection reports.
Scaffold Inspection Training Objective
By the end of the course candidates will be able aware of:
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practices relating to Access Platforms.
- Scaffolding Terminology.
- Fall Arrest Equipment.
- Tubes, Boards and Fitting Types.
- Various types of system scaffolds
- Ladder Safety.
- Gin Wheels and Hoists.
- Scaffold Ties.
- Construction of Basic Access Scaffolds, Independent Scaffolds, Putlog Scaffold, Birdcage Scaffolds, Towers, System
- Scaffold and Fans.
- Practical Inspection/ Technique.
- Inspection Reports.
Scaffold Inspection Training methods
Classroom based training with practical application, inspection and report writing. Delegates will complete a questionnaire to verify their knowledge and understanding of scaffold inspection.
- Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Code of Practice for a Access & Working Scaffolds 2019
- Personnel Protective Equipment Regulations
- Equipment manuals
For training held on site please ensure you make available a classroom suitable for the number of candidates attending, with a 240v power supply. Please ensure the practical area is free from harm, suitable for training and that it has been risk assessed.
All equipment used must meet current legislation.