For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
A04 Tower Crane
There are three endorsements for the CPCS Tower Crane course which are:
- A: Trolley Jib – Cab Controlled
- B: Luffing Jib – Cab Controlled
- C: Trolley Jib – Remote Controlled*
*The A04C category has superseded the Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane (A63A and B) course which was available previously.
- Novice Training
- A04A 10 days
- A04B 10 days
- A04C 5 days
- Experienced Operators (Training covering Theory & Practical) – 2 Days
- Experienced Operators Test Only (No Training) – 1 Day
This course provides thorough training to operators of Tower Cranes, covering both practical and theory elements.
Candidates should have a knowledge and understanding of the following items prior to any CPCS, CSR or NPORS testing.
Operators will be able to safely carry out their role upon successful completion and the course includes:
- Safe, productive crane operation
- Understanding and recognising the signals for crane operations
- Routine maintenance and minor adjustments. This includes how to understand the capabilities of the equipment
- How to secure, check and maintain counterweights
- Relevant legislation, statutory regulations and the operator’s own legal responsibilities in respect to lifting equipment plus any relevant safety precautions
- How to decide on safe loads, understanding safe load indicators and overload warning devices
- How to gauge the effect of shock loading on the crane
The practical test for the Tower Crane must be completed within ninety minutes and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities and manoeuvres including lifting and placing loads.