Safe use of ladders
Duration: 1/2 Day
Who Should Attend?
This ladder and step ladder course is specifically designed for anyone whose job requires them work safely off ladders or step-ladders, including using the necessary height safety equipment.
The course may also help the supervisor/ manager responsible for managing those using the equipment and will also help management carry out their legal obligations to their employees.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Why ladder accidents are happening
- Ladder types and applications
- Access selection considerations
- Ladder and step ladder types
- Pre use considerations
- Good and bad practice
- Ladder specific height safety equipment selection and suitability
- Correct inspection of the ladder ahead of use
- Correct sighting and positioning
- Correct erection and set up
- Access and egress to the work site
- Ladder climbing techniques Training Methods Classroom based training with hands on practical exercise.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Working at Height Regulations
- Safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Top tips for ladder and stepladder safely
Additional Information on Safe use of Ladders
Delegates will have a sound knowledge and a correct understanding of the principles of using a ladder safely. They will fully understand the risks when using ladders and step ladders and will be able to put into practice safe procedures when using them.
We often run this course at our premises and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.