CABWI level 3 Award Emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces
For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
The CABWI Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces allows learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required by those whose job role requires them to act as part of a confined space rescue team.
The competence-based qualification covers the underpinning knowledge and practical skills required to act as a member of a confined space rescue team during a rescue operation.
Any learner wishing to undertake the Level 3 Award in Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces MUST already have achieved the Level 2 Award in Working in High Risk Confined Spaces, and must hold a valid certificate.
The course will cover:
- How to prepare to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Preparing to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Entering and exiting confined spaces safely
- Preparation and use respiratory equipment (RPE) in accordance with the manufacturers specifications
- Use of rescue equipment in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Following procedures safely
- Controlling risks during working
- Dealing with emergencies
- Recovery of casualties
- Completion of handover procedures
The practical assessment must take place in a controlled confined space environment that meets the requirements set out in the qualification specification, and centres requiring recognition to deliver this qualification must show that they have the facilities and equipment required to carry out the practical assessments for a high risk confined space operation.