Duration: 1/2 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend ?
This programme is designed for those individuals who delegate or participate in the use of abrasive wheels equipment.
Provide the candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding in relation to identification of hazards associated with abrasive wheels and the required control measures to develop a safe system of work.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Be able to identify specific hazards and Precautions to be taken.
- Be aware of employer and employee duties relating to application of safety controls.
- Be able to identify defective equipment or systems.
- Have sufficient knowledge and understanding to implement their duties relating to inspection and safe use of abrasive wheels equipment.
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types.
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels.
- Storage and Handling.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety Legislation and Industry Guidance.