Save on plant and machinery training with our Black Friday Offer; 10% off all plant and machinery training, CSR plant tests, NPORS plant tests and CPCS plant tests (offer excludes A61 & A62). Black Friday plant & machinery offer available until 5pm Friday 25th November.
*To book this exclusive offer please call us directly on 028 3839 8700 T&Cs apply; 10% off NET costs (excludes registration fees) cannot be used online with any other discount*
Working with plant and machinery can be dangerous. According to the HSE workplace fatality figures the construction industry continues to have the highest number of work-related accidents. Within the top three areas of construction deaths, 23 occurred due to personnel being struck by a moving vehicle and 18 being struck by a moving object.
This stresses the importance of staff receiving appropriate health and safety training, ensuring they are confident and competent in the use of plant /machinery equipment on site and the essential requirement for sector-specific health and safety training.
We offer training on a wide range of plant and machinery, we have been training in these for over 22 years. We can offer this training at our site, or at the client premises if it is suitable.
It is essential that employers ensure their workforce is adequately trained in the operation of plant & machinery equipment to safeguard against hazards and accidents. ITS offer an extensive range of plant & machinery training which is approved and certified by leading accreditation and registration bodies for the construction sector including:
Such schemes are designed to reflect and illustrate the competence of plant-operating personnel, ensuring that trainees have the required skills and knowledge to work efficiently and safely without risk within the designated sector.
To further your career, we offer NVQ qualifications in plant operations. This can be in the form of a NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Plant Operations (Construction) or a NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations (Excavations).
Types of occupational hazards associated with plant and machinery
Plant and machinery are commonly used on larger, complex projects within the construction industry. Typical plant & machinery equipment includes excavators, forklifts, mobile elevated platforms, lorry loaders, dumpers and diggers. However, plant and machinery is not solely limited to construction, it is also required within other sectors inclusive of agriculture, aggregates delivery and waste management sectors.
Without appropriate, tailored training, occupational hazards can easily occur on machinery. In order to avoid accidents at work, it is essential that organisations invest in their workforce and ensure they are adequately trained with the correct certifications/cards and adhere to the most up-to-date safety standards. At ITS we are proud to assist organisations with their training requirements and our specialist services cover an extensive range of plant and machinery equipment.
The importance of training for staff
- Training provides further independence in the workplace. Having the skillset to safely and efficiently work with plant and machinery and be responsible on site is a skill that is highly advantageous from both an employee and employers’ perspective. Obtaining a license or certification, such as a NPORS Card demonstrates this.
- For employees within construction and engineering industries, the most effective way to further your career and progress within the workplace is to review your learning and undertake further, advanced training.
- Investing in training staff can result in increased productivity in the workplace. Employees feel more valued and training boosts their career prospects within the organisation.
- No two machines are the same and professional plant and machinery training allows for greater understanding in terms of safety and use of plant and machinery equipment. Such training also highlights greater understanding of risks and hazards and how to mitigate potential accidents.
- Investing in plant and machinery training allows you to grow your business and keep up-to-date with construction best practice and utilise market-leading equipment within your organisation.
Choosing a plant and machinery training provider
ITS are experts in plant and machinery health and safety training and have been providing specialist training for over 20 years, inclusive of accredited courses and in-house training. Plant and machinery training can be undertaken at our premises in Portadown, County Armagh or on your site, if suitable. We offer an extensive range of plant and machinery training including, CSR plant Card Scheme, Construction Plant Competence Scheme, NPORS Plant Card Scheme and our in-house trainers are experts in their field.
For more information, visit https://www.industrytrainingservices.com/training-courses/plant-machinery/ or get in touch with us on 028 3839 8700 (NI) or 01 891 6106 (ROI)