Temporary Traffic Management basic course (TTMBC) – for all persons starting work for the first time in the temporary traffic management industry
For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
This course will introduce you to:
- QA and NHSS 12
- Health and Safety
- Safety Zones
- Basic Principles of Temporary Traffic Management and Site Practice
- Maintaining a closure.
Who should attend?
For all persons starting work for the first time in the temporary traffic management industry, and for those persons that do not hold any current NHSS12A/B/C/D registration cards or certificates.
What will be covered?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Be aware of National Highway Sector Schemes (NHSS)
- Understand the QA process and NHSS documents
- Be aware of the different types of roads across the UK road network
- Be aware of which roads/works are covered by which NHSS document
- Be aware of the different classifications of “road users” i.e. pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists etc
- Understand the different terminology used in the Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) industry in relation to different roads
- Understand the process(es) required to become a qualified Operative and obtain a skills registration card, plus ongoing training to Supervisor level
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements.
- Have an understanding of the variety of TTM equipment and the basic principles of its use
- Understand what constitutes a safety zone
- Be aware of the general PPE requirements
- Understand crossing the carriageway HSE CIS53
- Be aware of the different types of vehicles used in TTM and where they are used
- Understand the environment where learners are expected to work
- Be aware of the safe way to enter/exit a site
- Be aware of the need to maintain sites, and what is involved
- Know how to deal with accidents and emergencies within the works area.