System Scaffold Erection, Inspection and Dismantle (2days)
Duration: 2 Days
Maximum 10 Candidates
Who Should Attend?
All personnel who could be involved in working with Proprietary Scaffolds.
At the end of this course, the candidates will have a working knowledge of the methods of erection and dismantling of Basic and Complex Scaffolds using Proprietary Systems.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Working at Height Regulations 2005.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Scaffold components.
- Pre – use checks on components.
- Scaffold measurements.
- Wall Ties.
- Window Ties.
- Planking out scaffold.
- Safe use of ladders.
- Dismantling scaffold.
- Inspecting scaffolding.
- The types and uses of various Proprietary System
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Work at Height Regulations
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations.
- Approved Codes of Practice
All candidates attending the course must bring suitable personal protective clothing such as safety helmets, protective boots, gloves and a Hi-vis jacket or vest.