NRSWA Sign Lighting and Guarding (Operative O1/ Supervisor S1)
NRSWA – Units O1 (Operative) & S1 (Supervisor)
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend Sign Lighting and Guarding Training?
The Sign Lighting and Guarding course is intended for operatives or supervisors involved in utility works and working on public roads and footpaths throughout the UK.
The Signing, Lighting and Guarding course covers the traffic and pedestrian management element of the works but does not cover actual excavation or reinstatement work; this is covered on the full street works course.
Sign Lighting and Guarding Training Aim
The course covers the statutory training requirement for placing signs, cones, barriers etc on public roads and footpaths and enables candidates to gain the necessary qualifications.
Sign Lighting and Guarding Training Objective
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Understand the requirements of the Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks code of practice in relation to Traffic Management requirements in roadworks and utility works.
- Have achieved Unit accreditation for either Unit O1 (operative) or Unit S1 (Supervisor) of the street works scheme.
Sign Lighting and Guarding Training Methods
Classroom based training followed by practical assessment. Operative candidates are assessed carrying out practical exercises.Supervisor candidate assessments comprise of knowledge questions followed by observation of operatives carrying out various tasks.
- New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991
- Streetworks (Northern Ireland) Order 1995
- Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks, a code of practice
- Chapter 8 Traffic Signs manual
All candidates attending the course must bring suitable PPE including Safety Boots, Hi Vis Clothing, Gloves.
We often run this course at our premises and it may be possible to deliver the training and assessments at clients premises depending if suitable facilities are available. We have previously completed sign lighting and guarding training on site.