Safe use of Chainsaw
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for operatives who will use a chainsaw for basic chainsaw operations including pruning/cutting overhanging branches. Cross cutting and stacking the above cut timber and well as fallen small diameter trees.
Provide the candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding in relation to identification of hazards associated with Chainsaws and the required control measures to develop a safe system of work.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Be able to identify specific hazards.
- Ensure an adequate risk assessment has been carried out to comply with current legislation.
- Be aware of employer and employee duties relating to application of safety controls.
- Be able to identify defective equipment or systems.
- Have suffcient knowledge and understanding to i implement their duties relating to inspection and safe use of Chainsaws.
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- First Aid At Work (INDG 214)
- Chain saws at Work (INDG 317)
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations.
All candidates attending the course must bring suitable personal protective clothing such as safety helmets, protective boots, gloves, Hi-Vis jacket or vest and compatible RPE/PPE