Overhead Gantry Crane
For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
This course is designed to provide the knowledge to inspect and operate overhead gantry cranes that are controlled by a remote handheld pendant.
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating an Overhead Gantry Crane.
By the end of the course candidates will be able to practically demonstrate the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Risk Assessment, Lift plans, and hazards with lifting operations, including set up of exclusion zones.
- Carry out Pre-use inspections and running checks in accordance with manufacturers handbook, Isolating, fault reporting.
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation.
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors.
- Communication procedures, signaling
- Operating and controlling load movements with various loads, including load swings.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
A proportion of hands-on demonstrations and practical exercises supplemented with classroom-based tutorials
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order.
- LOLER Regs 1998
- PUWER Regs 1998
- ACOPS, BS 7121
- The Gantry Crane training is conducted using the customer’s crane within their own work environment.
Novice – 3 days
Experienced – 1 day