NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations – Excavation
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations -Excavating Plant qualification is designed to be completed in a realistic employment setting, which means you must be employed to complete it.
This certification allows you, the student, to exhibit and recognise your skills, expertise, understanding, and competence in a workplace setting, allowing you to operate as a Plant Operator in the construction industry.
You’ll be evaluated against a set of performance and knowledge standards generated from your occupational area’s National Occupational Standards. You’ll be evaluated by a certified assessor whose duty it is to work with you and assist you in completing your qualification.
These essential units will provide the individual with important practical skills and knowledge:
-Complying with Workplace Health, Safety, and Welfare Regulations
-Adhering to Workplace Productive Working Practices.
- Preparing and operating 180-degree excavators in the workplace to remove and dig ground and loose materials
- Preparing and operating crawler tractor dozers in the workplace to perform operations
- Preparing and controlling draglines in the worksite to extract ground materials
- Preparing and running 360-degree excavators in the workplace to excavate ground
- Preparing and operating trenchers in the workplace to excavate ground
- Preparing and operating tracked loading shovels in the worksite to extract ground and loose materials.