For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
A 60 Mobile Cranes – All Duties
Aimed at those who operate mobile cranes in a construction environment.
There are three separate endorsements for this category; these are:
- A60A: Mobile Crane – Blocked Duties
- A60B: Mobile Crane – Pick and Carry Duties
- A60C: Mobile Crane – All Duties
Those who take and pass the A60C course: Mobile Crane – All Duties, will be qualified for A60A and 60B automatically.
Novice Training – 5 Days
Experienced Operators (Training covering Theory & Practical) – 2 Days
Experienced Operators Test Only (No Training) – 1 Day
The practical test for the Mobile Crane must be completed within three hours and will consist of the candidate using the machine to complete a variety of activities and manoeuvres including lifting and placing loads.
Candidates should have a knowledge and understanding of the following items prior to any CPCS, CSR or NPORS testing.
- The roles and responsibilities of a mobile crane operator
- Specific questions and answers relating to the duties of the endorsement level or all duties
- Pre and post use checks
- Travelling with the crane to an area of work
- Configuring the crane for duties
- How to set up and accurately place loads
- Rigging and derigging procedures in relation to fitting fly jibs or boom extensions
- Dismantling the crane
- Shut down and securing procedures