Tetra Leaning & Roof Ladder Candidate Course (Level 3 Course)
For upcoming dates please contact us on 02838398700
Duration: 1 Day (maximum 6 people)
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for individuals working from leaning & roof ladders that have already been trained to use and inspect those ladders but are currently operating without any means to prevent a fall.
We aim to provide each candidate with the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to safely use fall protection equipment with leaning & roof ladders when accessing property elevations and working on pitched roofs. During this training candidates will be introduced to items of personal fall protection equipment which always enables the individual to safely reach their working position maintaining 3 points of contact.
Training and experience in the use of ladders including user inspection. Each attendee requires a Tetra leaning & roof ladder kit. All attendees must be medically fit to attend – Completion of a medical statement sheet is mandatory.
Certification and ID Card will be issued upon successful completion of the course and assessments. This will be valid for 3 years from date of course.
Course content includes:
- An appreciation of UK legislation including the Work at Height Regulations.
- Understanding the difference between fall arrest/work restraint and the importance of correct anchorage.
- Understanding the method for fitting, usage & user inspection of equipment specified for this course.
- Outline of the access procedures for portable leaning ladder and roof ladder usage.
- Completion of practical exercises, fitting equipment and securing the ladder.
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise at a height of approximately 6 metres (Guidance height only)
- Conducting a practical ladder exercise and transfer method for accessing a pitched roof
- Self Rescue Awareness
- Completion of a written assessment to confirm understanding of course content.