IPAF Mobile Elevated work platform (MEWP) Scissor (3A) and Boom Lift (3B and/or 1B)
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend IPAF MEWP (Scissor 3A and/or Boom 3b/1b) Training
This course is suitable for operators to prepare and safely operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) in order to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operators Licence.
Course Types Available:
- Static Boom (1b),
- Mobile Vertical scissor (3a)
- Mobile Boom (3b)
Aim of IPAF MEWP Scissor/Boom lift Training
The IPAF training programme for mobile platform operators was developed by leading industry professionals and is certified by TUV as meeting the international standard ISO 18878:2004 Mobile elevating work platforms – Operator (driver) training.
Objective of IPAF MEWP Scissor/Boom lift Training
This course is suitable for operators to prepare and safely operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) in order to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operators Licence. On completion of this course attendees will:
- Operate the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner.
- Conduct pre-use checks and daily maintenance prior to commencing work
- Understand the correct and safe method of operating the specific machine and be aware of accident prevention and control
- Be familiar with the correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations
- Understand the importance of manufacturer instruction manuals
- Understand the selection and use of fall prevention equipment. Topics covered will include anchorage points in platforms, harness standards, explanation of fall arrest & harness inspection
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety Regulations
Successful candidates will receive a digital Powered Access Licence (PAL) upon downloading the IPAF ePAL app, however physical PAL cards can be granted upon request at an additional cost.