IOSH Working Safely
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend IOSH Working Safely Training?
The IOSH Working Safely programme is designed to allow individuals to achieve a basic knowledge in Health and Safety Awareness.
Aim of IOSH Working Safely Training
The aim of the course is to train employees to make sure that their actions in the workplace contribute to health and safety and that they clearly understand their health and safety responsibilities.
Objective of IOSH Working Safely Training
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Risk Assessment and Workplace precautions
- Accident reporting and emergency procedures
- Accident prevention and statistics
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- Personal protective equipment
- Noise and vibration
- Working with electricity
- Safe use of hand – held equipment and tools
- Environmental awareness
IOSH Working Safely Training Methods
A classroom based tutorial course, supplemented with group activity workshops. Candidates will also complete a written multi-choice question paper to ensure learning and understanding.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Management Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
For training held on site please ensure you make available a classroom suitable for the number of candidates attending, with a 240v power supply. Please ensure the practical area is free from harm, suitable for training and that it has been risk assessed.
All equipment used must meet current legislation, and have available a current test certificate for inspection and operators manual.We often run this course at our premises and also for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.