Harness wearer / Inspection
Duration: 1/2 Day
Maximum 12 Candidates
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for those individuals who delegate or participate in Work at Height activities using personal fall protection systems.
Provide the candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding in relation to the use of safety harness and its associated equipment and identification of potential hazards and suitability of personal fall protection equipment.
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Be able to identify specific hazards.
- Ensure an adequate risk assessment has been carried out to comply with current legislation.
- Harness Design, Provisions and testing.
- Wearing a Harness as per manufacturers instructions.
- Fall restraint and arrest systems .
- Harness inspection and maintenance.
- Be able to identify defective equipment or systems.
A proportion of hands-on demonstration and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
- Health & Safety at Work Legislation
- Working at Height Regulations
- Manufacturers Guidelines
Provisions must be made for training for any persons carrying out works with the use of safety harness and its associated equipment across differing environments for work at height, as a company appointed person. The course is specifically designed for any person who is involved with working with harness in the workplace.