First Aid Appointed Persons
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”First Aid Appointed Persons ” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left|color:%2323cedd” google_fonts=”font_family:Oswald%3A300%2Cregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text][ecs-list-events cat=’First Aid Appointed Persons’ limit=’3′ button=’Book Now’ ][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Duration: 1/2 Day
Who Should Attend First Aid Appointed Persons Training?
This course is designed for staff that work in lower risk environments, have a small number of staff, or where HSE guidelines indicate a first aider is not necessary. When an employer’s first-aid needs assessment indicates that a first-aider is unnecessary, the minimum requirement is to appoint a person to take charge of first-aid arrangements. The roles of this appointed person include looking after the first-aid equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required. They can also provide emergency cover, within their role and competence, where a first aider is absent due to unforeseen circumstances
Objective of First Aid Appointed Persons Training
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- The role of the first aider including reference to :
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- The use of available equipment
- Introduction to first aid – assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- The unconscious breathing casualty (including seizures)
- Recovery position
- Circulation theory and shock
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Classroom based training combined with practical learning exercises continually assessed by the trainer.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations
- Approved Code of Practice
This course is ideal for smaller workplace that present few health and safety risks covering basic life saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations.
This course is legally compliant with the current Health and Safety (first aid) regulations.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][dt_call_to_action]We often run this course at our premises and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing. For more information CONTACT US[/dt_call_to_action][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]