EUSR Category 4 – Install, Inspect and Remove Steel Support Systems:
Duration: 1 Day (Max 8 )
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations including installation, inspection and removal shoring systems
This course includes both theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work including practical training and assessments whilst installing ground support systems in a live dig environment.
Achievement of the standard demonstrates effective performance, by being able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge
- Comply with company procedures, health and safety regulations and environmental practices.
- Interpret utility drawings and line search document.
- Install, inspect and remove steel support systems.
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with excavations.
- Use and communicate data effectively and resolve problems
This course includes theory and practical training and assessment including installation of ground support systems, in a live dig environment, with specific temporary work designs.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- HSG150 Health and Safety in Construction
- Equipment operators manual
Candidates should bring suitable Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Hi-Vis Coat or Vest and Hearing Protection.
This course is best delivered at our training centre, where we have constructed bespoke facilities which include a section of carriageway and foot way with live services.
EUSR photo ID card.