EUSR. Category 3, 4, 5 – Install, Inspect and Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Shoring Systems
Duration: 2 Day (Max 8 )
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations including installation, inspection and removal shoring systems.
This course includes both theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work including practical training and assessments whilst installing ground support systems in a live dig environment.
Achievement of the standard demonstrates effective performance, by being able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
- Differentiate between soil types and conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
- Be able to safely install, inspect, and remove timber, steel and proprietary shoring equipment with practical experience in doing so
- Interpret specific temporary works designs
This course includes theory and practical training and assessment including installation of ground support systems, in a live dig environment, with specific temporary work designs.
All Performance Criteria (PC) must be assessed through observation of the individual carrying out activities that enable the demonstration of skills, knowledge and understanding required to meet each PC.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
- HSG150 Health and Safety in Construction
- Equipment operators manual
Candidates should bring suitable Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Hi-Vis Coat or Vest, and Hearing Protection. This course is best delivered at our training centre, where we have constructed bespoke facilities which include a section of carriageway and footway with live services.
EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on the back of the card