Emergency First Aid at Work & Defibrillator
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend Emergency First Aid at Work Training?
This course is a regulated First Aid course that covers the full HSE syllabus plus more. It is ideal for ‘nominated’ persons responsible for the First Aid provision in smaller low risk businesses or for people who provide support to qualified First Aiders in larger organisations and those with more complex risks. It is also the course required by Insurance Companies asking for a regulated First Aid training qualification.
Objective of Emergency First Aid at Work Training
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treating an unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries
- Preventing cross infection, recording incidents and actions using the use of available equipment
Emergency First Aid at Work Training Methods
Classroom based training combined with practical learning exercises continually assessed by the trainer.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations
- Approved Code of Practice
This course is ideal for smaller workplace that present few health and safety risks covering basic life saving first aid and workplace health and safety regulations.
This course is legally compliant with the current Health and Safety (first aid) regulations.
Candidates receive an Emergency first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years.We often run this course at our premises and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing. For more information CONTACT US