A02 Crawler Crane
Aimed at those who operate mobile cranes in a construction environment.
- Novice Training – 10 Days
- Experienced Operators (Training covering Theory & Practical) – 2 Days
- Experienced Operators Test Only (No Training) – 1 Day
This training course will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of operating a crawler crane, including practical and theoretical knowledge. The aim is to ensure candidates can carry out their role as crawler crane driver in a competent and safe manner.
This course also includes elements of maintenance to ensure the crane is always operating correctly.
This course includes the following elements:
- Safe, productive crane operation
- How to recognise and understand crane signals
- Crane positioning, including altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Routine maintenance
- The basic theory of power units, control systems and transmission systems
- Programming and understanding safe load indicators and duties charts
- Relevant legislation, statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Safe slinging and an understanding of the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Structural strength, including the effect of shock loading, stability and load displacement