Confined Spaces for Managers
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This manager course is intended for those who manage, plan and supervise confined space operations, including those personnel required to write a safe system of work plan for confined space operations. The candidate may be a team leader, supervisor or manager. The course does not involve a practical confined space entry exercise.
To understand and identify safe working practices when working in confined spaces, be aware of the relevant regulations and codes of practice and how to interpret them, be able to produce a safe system of work plan (Risk assessment/method statement/rescue plan/permit system).
By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- What is a confined space and what are the hazards
- Understanding/application of relevant legislation and codes of practice
- Confined space classifications
- Equipment used for confined space entry, gas monitors, rescue harnesses, tripod and winch, escape breathing apparatus, full breathing apparatus, airline sets
- Producing risk assessments, method statements and permit systems for various risk levels
- Rescue planning
- Training requirements for operatives entering confined spaces
- Classroom based tutorials
- Inspection of a confined space and production of a safe system of work
- Hands on demonstration of the various equipment types
We often run this course at our premises and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.