Duration: 1/2 Day
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by those who are likely to disturb asbestos. Also those professional personnel who supervise or manage projects.
The aim of this course is to give delegates an awareness to the dangers of Asbestos and the necessary control measures to deal with it.
- By the end of the course candidates will be aware of the following:
- Introduction to asbestos and its uses
- Understanding of the health effects and emergency procedures
- Appreciation of the legislative requirements when working with asbestos
- Compliance with the control of Asbestos regulations, surveys, registers and removal
A classroom based tutorial course, supplemented with group activity workshops. Written multi-choice question paper to ensure learning and understanding.
- Health & Safety at Work Act/ Order
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Approved Code of Practice
- Asbestos Task Sheets
Asbestos poses a serious threat to health, this course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding and appreciation of the legislative and practical requirements to protect themselves from the risk associated with asbestos containing materials.