12D T3 Training M3 assessment – Static works on low speed dual carriageways
This course will cover:
- Quality assurance
- National Highway Sector Schemes
- Health & Safety
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Industry guidance documents
- Chapter 8 of the traffic signs manual
- Types of work
- Safety zones
- Equipment and vehicles
- Basic layouts
- Maintaining closures
- Setting out traffic management
- Arrival on site
- Advance signs
- Taper installation
- Entering closures
- Removal of closures
- Safe taper positions
- Non-motorised road users
Who should attend?
All Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) as described in National Highway Sector Scheme (NHSS) Document 12D who wish to add this category to their NHSS12D card.
What will be covered?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be aware of National Highway Sector Schemes
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Be aware of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Be aware of the relevant Codes of Practice and other associated documentation when involved in Traffic Management.
- Identify the equipment required in Temporary Traffic Management
- Understand the requirements for working on dual carriageways restricted to 40mph or less.
- Be aware of the requirements of non-motorised road users.
- Be prepared to undertake assessments to demonstrate an ability to implement, maintain and remove safely traffic control systems.